- Increase the caching of website content and as a consequence reduce the loading time of it.
- It reduces the bandwidth consumption of your server, reducing your web server scaling headaches.
- It buffers the web server’s need to manage capacity spikes due to traffic bursts.
- The geographical barrier disappears, so it is easier to serve content anywhere in the world and leads to a better international web positioning.
- Adds an extra security point, blocking spammers and fake bots and attacks on your website.
- It can save you money, since the CDN serves a large amount of content with not impact on our server.
A CDN is useful when you have users in different countries and when the pages include a lot of static resources(content). It is recommended that the pages with intensive use of traffic have a CDN, since the traffic load is distributed optimally. In addition, when many files are transferred, a CDN can be very beneficial, especially when many images or many videos are played.