- As for Google Audiences, Google has incorporated a new functionality that consists of automatically expanding the targeting incorporated in our campaigns, a functionality called Auto Targeting Expansion.
- Google has enabled the ability to trigger HTML5 creatives with customer match audiences.
Regarding new solutions related to the collection of audiences and measurement:
- Google has included Campaign Manager within the 360 and with this update they incorporated a functionality called Conversion Modeling into the platform .This new functionality has the ability to analyze attributed and unattributed conversions, taking into account impressions and clicks not measured by different browser restrictions. In summary, based on this analysis, it is able to attribute conversions based on the history of the campaigns.
- Consent Mode is the most relevant solution regarding the issue we are addressing. The main problem with asking for express consent is that it can lead to the loss of measurement of conversions and paths of those users who reject it. That is why Google has implemented two variables in the configuration that are analytics and personalized advertising. By entering these (ad_storage and analytics_storage) it will be possible to inform our GMP tags, analytics and Google ads about the status of the user’s consent. It is because of that:
- If the user has accepted the Consent then the tag will be executed as normal.
- If the user rejects it, the tag will be executed collecting basic and aggregated information but eliminating the collection of cookie information to respect the user’s privacy. We do not lose the measurement of conversions but it does not allow us to rework those cookies.
The rest of the solutions that we already have available and that we can implement are the following:
- Ads Data Hub
- Server 2 Server
- Offline conversions
- Data managers: CDPs, 1st party data prevails
- Programmatic Deals
- Non-cookies devices: Smart TV & Mobile
Thanks to the GMP environment and the integration that exists between all its platforms, we are able to implement solutions safeguarding the user’s privacy and without losing the user’s qualification. Among the benefits that the GMP environment offers us in relation to this matter, the following stand out:
- Constant technological advance: Ads Data Hub, Tag Manager Server 2 Server, Campaign Manager 360
- Audience Volume and Qualified Segmentations – DV360 Audience module
- The native integration that exists between platforms makes it easier for us to measure and attribution of conversions: CM 360, SA360, GA360, DV360, ADH, GTMS2S